The 4th annual Halloween Haunt will be held Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 4:00-9:00 p.m. on South Bronson Avenue, between 8th and Wilshire.
This is becoming our Wilshire Park’s signature event! The residents of Bronson will be decorating their houses and hosting games, events, food tables, booths, costume contests, a raffle, and a haunted house! Our City Councilman for District 4, Tom La Bonge, will be sponsoring the street closure for this event. Many thanks to our Bronson residents and Councilman La Bonge!
But we need your continued generosity to make this event as wonderful as in years past! Please help out by donating your time, food, beverages, and decorations and cash! You can make your monetary donations specific to the Halloween Haunt, or a general donation to the Wilshire Park Organization to help offset the costs for various events, newsletters, etc., which are incurred throughout the year. You can donate online - just click the link below .
Or mail your donation to:
Wilshire Park Association
5482 Wilshire Blvd #218
Los Angeles, CA 90036
To volunteer for the Halloween Haunt or arrange for delivery of donated items, please contact Lorna Hennington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need your help!!!
- Help distribute flyers: we still rely heavily on porch-delivery of invitations/information.
- Donate food and beverages: chips, soda, water, hot dogs, trick-or-treat candy etc. Contact Lorna to find out what we need.
- Donate party supplies: paper cups, paper plates, forks, napkins and table covers.
- Help out in the haunted house as an actor, a living prop, or a hand-holding guide for the squeamish. And come help put it together before the event!
- Dress in costume, come in character. Zombies welcome.
- Man a food table or a game.
- Judge or manage an activity: we have costume contests, pumpkin carving contests, cookie decorating, etc.
- Help set up: Tom LaBonge is providing us with tables and chairs this year as well as street closure—lots of room to set up gathering places!
- Help clean up: your exhausted hosts will need all the help they can get!
- Help with pick up and return: we need to get the street closure signs and possibly more, on our own. If you have a truck or a mini-van, or if you can ride along to provide help loading, please help us out.
- Offer your suggestions: if you have an idea for a game or event that we haven’t tried yet, your fresh suggestions will be welcome.
- Take pictures for our website gallery.
- Cash is always needed: we pay for our raffle item, for printing costs, and for any unforeseen last-minute expenses that were not covered by donations. This event has to at least break even—the better the donations, the more we will have to offer. DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE: WPA is a non-profit corporation.
- Most of all, PARTICIPATE!! This is a unique opportunity for us all to get to know each other, for our local children to meet, for our adults to form new friendships. We will be creating bonds and memories that will last a lifetime—don’t miss this opportunity.